Being part of one of the UKs largest community-owned wind farm.
• One member one vote ensures your voice is heard and the board is formed from the members.
• Direct involvement increases awareness of environmental issues at the grass roots level and provides an opportunity to do something positive about climate change.
• The minimum investment was set at 250 to ensure the broadest possible membership.
• The project is based on the successful Baywind model based in Cumbria.
• Drumlin Wind Energy funds a community fund.
• Co-op members receive annual interest on their investment.
• Only Members are eligible to serve on the Board.
The objects of the Co-operative shall be to carry on as a bona fide co-operative, for the benefit of its members, the business (“the Business”) of:-
• The development, management, generation, transmission and supply of electricity from renewable energy sources;
• The conservation of energy through advice on energy efficiency including energy efficient products and the supply of energy efficient products and such other activities of a general commercial company as the members shall agree by amendment to these Rules from time to time; and
• The promotion of awareness of environmental and related issues and support for educational initiatives related to renewable energy.
• The governance of the Co-operative is vested in the Board. The Board shall be elected each year at or by postal ballot prior to the Annual General Meeting